The RISPCA said Ollie was a 5-year-old pug with no pre-existing medical conditions.
His owner told investigators she took Ollie to the groomers inside Petco and left to do a little shopping.
She said she checked on him once, but left again because the clipping wasn’t done. When she returned the second time, she told investigators Ollie was on the floor and technicians were kneeling beside him.
The cause of Ollie’s death has yet to be determined. The dog is being sent for a necropsy and the investigation is ongoing.
“Do I think at this point there’s any evidence of malice or intent? It certainly does not appear that way,” said RISPCA Animal Cruelty Officer Joe Warzycha. “It certainly appears to have been an accident but we can’t rule out at this point there may have been some level of negligence.”
Eyewitness News contacted Petco, which released the following statement:
“All of us at Petco are deeply saddened by Ollie’s passing and we are currently conducting a thorough investigation. We under there is no way to make up for the loss of a pet. However, we are committed to doing everything possible to help Ollie’s family through this extremely difficult time.”
(WPRI - March 27, 2017)
PETSMART grooming horror stories:
- Ohio: Painesville family devastated after dog dies following routine grooming appointment at PetSmart
- Indiana: Dog strangled to death while getting nails trimmed at Mishawaka PetSmart
- California: PetSmart Groomer, Juan Zarate, Arrested on Suspicion of Animal Cruelty After Dog Dies
- New York: Facebook pet owner warns against taking your pets to be groomed at PetSmart
- California: 'Perfectly healthy' cat dies suddenly at pet grooming center - and staff cremates it BEFORE owner can find out why it died
- Canada: No charges out of dog death at groomer's
- New Jersey: Bordentown pet groomer charged with animal cruelty in dog death
- Canada: Dog groomer accused of abusing animals
- Rhode Island: Cranston pet owner claims groomer hurt her dog
- Louisiana: Owner of Slidell pet salon charged with animal cruelty
- Pennsylvania: Chalfont dog groomer waives hearing on animal cruelty
- Canada: Calgary dog groomer charged with animal cruelty
- Louisiana: Animal Cruelty trial postponed for pet groomers Michelle Jeanmard and her daughter Sheri Dugas
- Ohio: Family Devastated After Dog Dies at Groomer’s
- Florida: "I hope they can forgive me one day for not saving them" Owner blames herself after groomer allegedly leaves her dogs to die in hot car
- Hawaii: Petco employee allegedly cuts off dogs ear, glues it back on
- Missouri: 8-lb Maltese killed by groomer last month; no one doing anything about it
- Georgia: Alleged Animal Abuse at Dog Grooming Businesses
- Georgia: Petco employee fired after rough grooming video goes viral
- Iowa: Police say vet employee Lucas Van Orden viciously beat and kicked Corgi
- California: Couple sues PetSmart and their employee, dog groomer Juan Zarate, after he allegedly tortured, beat and killed little Dachshund named Henry
|In the video, it appears that she punches |
the dog several times when it
innocently it pulls its paw away from her.