Monday, May 30, 2011

Boy Recalls Dog Attack: 'I Fell, Then They Started Biting Me'

ATLANTA. GA -- Two southwest Atlanta boys are back home, recovering after being attacked by two rottweilers at a bus stop Friday morning.

Witnesses said Vondarrius Andrews and brother Darius Fielder were at the bus stop on Sylvan Road, near Arden Avenue, when the two rottweilers started racing and attacking.

“When the bus came at the bus stop, I tried to run. They chased after me. I got on the bus. They got my brother,” Darius Fielder said.

Dale Price said he saw the dogs attack the children and started beating the dogs with a stick.

“One was at the top of the boy, one had the leg and one had the arm,” Price said.

Vondarrius Andrews received the brunt of the injuries from the attack.

“I fell, then they started biting me,” He said.

Andrews was rushed to the hospital. He had several deep bites to his legs, according to his mother, Laquilla Andrews. "I can't even describe them, they are so deep. You can see his tissue. They are very bad," Laquilla Andrews said.

She said she was terrified when saw what was happening.

"I was hysterical and I run out the house," Laquilla Andrews said.

The owner of one of the dogs told Channel 2 Action News he believes his dog may have jumped out of an open window to go attack the boys.

Laquilla Andrews said that the dog needed to be tied up.

"They need to have their dogs in the house, on a chain or wherever, away from kids, period," she said.

Now she fears if something is not done with the dogs, they might attack again.

"They need to put 'em to sleep, cause if they do that child, my child like that, they’ll do another child like that,” Andrews said.

(WSB-TV - April 15, 2011)