Friday, September 30, 2011

Pit Bull Attacks Teen At Bus Stop

FLORIDA -- The walk home from the bus stop for a group of teens on the Southside of Jacksonville Wednesday ended painfully for one teenager.

A pit bull attacked the 14-year-old, who was walking home. The boy's bus driver Jennifer Goldi told Channel 4 that the dog has been a problem in the neighborhood for a while.



"My leg was just slit open, my leg was just slit open," the teen said.

The middle school student who did not want to be identified, has bandages from his thigh down to his ankle and underneath the bandages are deep bite wounds from the 60 lb pit bull.

"He just came charging at us and attacked us," the teen said.

"I laid on my horn to get somebody's attention to come out about the dog," said Goldi. "I called rescue and finally he came out and put him behind the gate."


Kids in the neighborhood said they have been chased by the dog several times after they get off the bus. Even Goldi, who witnessed the attack, said it happens all the time.

"Every day when I drop them off, they have to run from them. They shouldn't have to be scared like that," Goldi said.

David Stoner is caring for his friend's dog and admitted to leaving the gate open Wednesday afternoon. The pit bull's fate is now in the hands of animal control, who will determine if the dog should be euthanized.

"It's going to hurt me. I love that dog to death," said Stoner.


[In the video clip, the guy tells the reporter that the belongs to a 'buddy' of his who's in JAIL. I almost missed him saying it b/c I was so mesmerized by his jacked up, missing teeth.]

(News4Jax - Sept 29, 2011)