Friday, March 30, 2012

Dog That Killed Another Dog Might be Classified "Dangerous"

OREGON -- An Albany family is anxiously awaiting a verdict to find out if their dog will be labeled as "dangerous". It recently killed another dog in their neighborhood.

The incident happened Friday afternoon between the two homes. What we do know is that the larger dog killed the Chihuahua, but both of the dog's owners have different stories as to whose dog was at fault.


Pupster's owner says he was out playing fetch with his dog, when a Chihuahua from a cross the street came running towards Pupster growling and provoking.

That's when owner Earl Brock says Pupster ran towards the Chihuahua, grabbed it, and killed it.

[Yes, the old, "I was provoked!" defense. Why do people think this is OK?? If you ran up to me in a bar, waving your arms in front of me, screaming and yelling does that give me the right to attack and kill you? Do you think the police would let me use the excuse that I was provoked by you? Ridiculous.]

However, the Chihuahua's owner, Cassandra Jimenez, says that's not true.

She says her dog Cookie was minding her own business when Pupster ran up, grabbed and killed her.

"I love my dog more than anything, she wouldn't even bite nobody or nothing, that's why I can't believe he's saying she attacked him, she's this little, how could she attack anybody," said Cookie's Owner Cassandra Jimenez.

"He's not a dangerous dog, he's not dangerous unless he's provoked.  You really have to provoke him, this is the first time I've seen him ever like this," said Pupster's Owner Earl Brock.

Pupster is now at Linn County Dog Control while he awaits his fate.

Albany police are still investigating and interviewing witnesses to try to get to the bottom of this case.  They hope to have a final determination as to what will happen to Pupster, whether or not he will be labeled "dangerous," by early next week.

(KEZI - March 29, 2012)