Wednesday, July 2, 2014

More photos added: Pit Bull picked up by animal control after attacking another dog

NORTH CAROLINA -- Two New Bern dog owners are without their pets after a deadly encounter.

A Pit Bull in the Sellhorn Heights neighborhood darted out of its front yard and attacked a Puggle that was on a walk with its owner, witnesses said.


 
 
The Pit Bull started biting the Puggle and shook it by its neck, said witnesses. The Puggle later died as a result of its injuries. The Pit Bull was later picked up by a New Bern Police Department Animal Control officer, and will most likely be put down, animal control said.




 
We spoke to both of the owners about what happened.

The owner of the Pit Bull is Charles Webb. His dog, Cookie, often plays outside of the home but is guarded by an electric fence. On the day of the deadly encounter, Webb says the dog darted through the fence to attack the Puggle. He doesn't understand why Cookie was provoked to do so.




"I just hope people don't view me as a bad person," Webb said. "Because I've never raised my hand to the dog. I have never trained her to be violent. Basically the neighborhood has turned against me and I don't blame them because the dog did something horrible."

Story of the Scorpion and the frog:
 One day a scorpion asks a frog to carry him across the river. The frog, afraid of
being stung during the trip declines helping the scorpion. The scorpion argues
that if it stung the frog, both would sink and he would also drown, so for his
benefit he would never sting him. The frog eventually agrees and carries the
scorpion across the river until midway, the scorpion does indeed sting the frog,
dooming them both to drown.

As they slowly sink into the water asks why he had stung him, crying out,
"Now we shall both die!". The scorpion simply points out that,
I had no choice; it's in my nature“.

Webb was issued a city ordinance citation, for violating New Bern's leash laws. He will have to appear in court come August to deal with the charge. Webb says he was advised to turn the dog over to animal control, after officials deemed the dog "vicious" and "dangerous."


New Bern Police tell us that since 2008, they have responded to that area five times related to dog complaints-- and the Pit Bull's owners confirms he's the person people have been complaining about.

Just like the scorpion in the fable, it cannot help itself.
I had no choice; it's in my nature“.

The owner of the Puggle, Ashley Gollahon, says her dog Brutus will be missed. Brutus was 2-years-old at the time of his death. Gollahon says the family bought the dog when they moved to North Carolina. Gollahon's husband is a marine who is stationed at Cherry Point.

RIP Brutus


"Brutus was right there with me through the whole deployment and he was the one I relied on to put a smile on my face to get me through the day and it's hard knowing that he'll [my husband] be deployed next month and I won't have Brutus," Gollahon said.

"He was just a little Puggle, he was just 20 pounds, he was the dog that everyone wanted."

(WCTI - June 25, 2014)

4 comments:

  1. what an ugly reptilian dog. what a shame it was given at least five opportunities to terrorize the neighborhood before receiving a dirt nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the scorpion fable. bravo for its inclusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wonder if this pathetic excuse of a nutter is listed among these north carolina felons

    this is my best guess

    ReplyDelete
  4. didntevengetachancetothankhim answered 8 years ago
    Why Nobody Pets the Lion at the Zoo
    by John Ciardi

    The morning that the world began
    The Lion growled a growl at Man

    And I suspect the Lion might
    (if he had been closer) have tried a bite.

    I think that's as it ought to be
    And not as it was taught to me.

    I think the Lion has a right
    To growl a growl and bite a bite.

    And if the lion bothered Adam
    He should have growled right back at'im

    The way to treat a Lion right
    Is growl for growl and bite for bite

    True,the Lion is better fit
    For biting than for being bit.

    But if you look him in the eye
    You'll find the Lion's rather shy.

    He really wants someone to pet him
    The trouble is :his teeth won't let him.

    He has a heart of gold beneath
    But the Lion just can't trust his teeth.

    ReplyDelete