Monday, May 15, 2017

Georgia: Boy, 6, attacked by dog in southwest Atlanta

GEORGIA -- A 6-year-old was attacked Friday evening in his southwest Atlanta neighborhood by a dog, according to police.

It happened around 7:30 p.m. in the 1100 block of Mayland Circle. The mother of Aaron Smith sent FOX 5 News photos of the little boy in bed at Children's Health Care of Atlanta at Egleston.

"He's going to need x-rays, which they done did already. He done got his shots making sure he don't have any rabies,” said mother Monica Smith.


Ms. Smith said she was briefly distracted from watching little Aaron when the dog attacked. She said she looked back to see the dog on top of her son.

"I saw kids running away from a yard, as I looked in the yard, I looked down, saw my child being jerked back and forth,” said Smith. "At that moment I didn't know what to do. I was just praying, praying, praying.”

They were able to get the dog off the young child. An ambulance rushed him to the hospital.

“I can't stop picturing it. It's all in my head,” said Smith.

Ms. Smith said her child will likely need some stitches, but thankfully no plastic surgery. She said the family is surrounding him with positivity and faith, trying to comfort him through his pain.

According to the Atlanta Area Animal Rescue, the dogs suspected of the attack have been impounded, and a court date has been set.

(Fox5 - May 15, 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment