The teen, who is 16 and from Elma, is charged with two violations of state’s Environmental Conservation Law.
The news story doesn't say what happened then, but the injury would be fatal. Did they continue torturing it until it finally died or did they tire of it and simply walk off, leaving it to suffer and slowly die?
The teens were so proud of their torture porn that they uploaded it to Facebook to brag to everyone about what clever animal abusers they are.
Really, they're not clever animal abusers. What they are are serial killers in the making. Several serial killers have been documented saying they tortured and killed animals when they were children and adolescents (teens) and gradually got bored with torturing and killing animals and moved up to human beings.
This video spread quickly on social media — with many people saying the teens were from Iroquois High School.
WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD FOR CHILDREN
AND TEENS WHO ENJOY TORTURING
AND KILLING ANIMALS?
Snapping turtles are protected and regulated under the state’s environmental conservation law.
Gina Browning, of the Erie County SPCA, talked to News 4 recently about the state’s push to increase penalties for certain kinds of animal abuse. She also discussed the role social media plays in these types of investigations.
The teen is charged with illegally pursuing wildlife and attempting to take wildlife during a closed season. Both violations carrying a potential fine of up to $250 or up to 15 days in jail.
Why isn't he being charged with animal cruelty/torture?? So it's OK to torture a wild animal to death as long as it's "open season"??? And don't kid yourself. This Jeffrey Dahmer Junior will never spend one single night in juvenile detention. What he'll take away from this is that he can torture and kill animals and there is really no punishment for it.
VIDEO NEWS CLIP:
APPARENTLY DEFENSELESS TURTLES ARE A PRIME TARGET FOR ANIMAL ABUSERS:
- Michigan: Teen girl videotapes her brother slowing sawing off a turtle's head
- Massachusetts: Woman stops to let turtle cross road. POS behind her gets mad and purposely runs over the turtle, killing it
- Pennsylvania: No punishment for cop who shot and killed a turtle. LEN GALLI is an embarrassment to law enforcement
- Texas: 53-pound alligator snapping turtle freed from a Houston drainpipe after being stabbed in the head and leg, is rehabilitated and released
- Wisconsin: Horrific pictures of turtle bludgeoned to death with a GOLF CLUB while laying her eggs in a bunker
- New York: Niagara County teens likely to face charges for torturing and killing a snapping turtle
- Florida: Trio of Florida men charged after brutally beating disabled Navy veteran who told them to stop torturing a turtle
- Florida: Disabled veteran, beaten for trying to save turtle's life, gets big surprise
- Pennsylvania: Taylor Geib, 21, Austin Garner, 21, and unnamed juvenile, 17, thought it would be funny to blow up a poor turtle