Monday, September 5, 2011

Four injured in pit bull attack

FLORIDA -- An Arlington woman said a pit bull dog attacked a person and injured three others in the front yard of the dog's home early Sunday morning.

A woman who said her name was Tammy described how the dog attacked a person in front of a home in the 8700 block of Cocoa Avenue in Woodland Acres.

"There was lights off in the house so the dog could not see who it was. He was just thinking there was an intruder in his property. He lunged at the door and pushed the door open and when he did he grabbed a hold of the young man's arm," Tammy said.

Tammy said she saw the attack and tried to pull the pit bull off the man. That's when the dog turned on her and she screamed for help.

"I heard the girl screaming in there so I went in there to help her. And me and my buddy got attacked by the damn dog. And that was it. These are the results," Robert Smith said.

Tammy and Smith said a man named Ron saved their lives by getting in between them and the dog.

"He told me to get out. So I got out and he was in there fighting with it still," Smith said.

"I grab a butcher knife and threw it on the floor and told him as I ran out the door, "Just kill the dog, just kill the dog," Tammy said.

They said Ron stabbed the dog to try to get it off of him. Others in the neighborhood said the dog is still in its home. The owners would not comment.

(News4Jax - Sept 4, 2011)