Monday, March 27, 2017

Illinois: "This is my boy Snickers. He loved and brought a smile to everyone he came in contact with. Last night the neighbors pit bull attacked Snickers while he was in my arms. He died later last night while he was with the Vet overnight. I loved him like a son!!"

ILLINOIS(?) -- Curt Aschenbrenner posted on Facebook March 21, 2017

This is my boy Snickers. He loved and brought a smile to everyone he came in contact with. Last night the neighbors pit bull attacked Snickers while he was in my arms. He died later last night while he was with the Vet overnight. I loved him like a son!!

Celeste Beckmann LaMosse - where did this happen? were the police notified? whats being done?


Curt Aschenbrenner - I want to thank everyone for the prays and condolences! In our family we treat our Dodd as family too. In fact my brothers each have dachshunds and so do my parents. It's just been a long day. Everyone's support helps a great deal. I did call the police and the pit bull was euthanized this morning. It's not gonna bring Snickers back but there is no way that that dog should live after what he did.

Mahli Poole - Thank God for that at least. Peace to you and your family. 💔😢

Curt Aschenbrenner - Thank you dear, it is amazing how people I don't know are commenting about my little buddy! The awareness off these damn pit bulls needs to get out more and more. I used to think that it was just the way they were raised,,,,was i ever wrong! And I had to learn that lesson at the expense of Snickers life. Thanks again for your thoughts!

Sherry Bernstein - He was so handsome. I am so sorry for your loss. Don't wonder where all these strangers came from. We are all victims, parents of victims and owners of animals that were victimized by pit bulls. Sadly, there are WAY more of us than most people would imagine. We understand.

Mary Conner - This makes me sick literally. Every damn day. Day in, day out!

Curt Aschenbrenner - Thanks again for all of the caring post for Snickers. I went out last night and got this little guy to carry on Snickers love. I always called Snickers my little buddy so I named this guy Buddy

 

Dan Frumusa - Please people, it's not the pit bulls fault, it all lies on the owners and training. I for one don't have one, but have been around enough of them that are well trained and playful with others. Not the dogs fault.

Curt Aschenbrenner - Not true, this pit next door was not raised to be cruel or fight or attack. If i thought that this dog WAS raised that way, do you think I would have even be around it. I used to think the same thing, not anymore

Dan Frumusa - Sorry about your pup. Don't get me wrong, if my lab was getting mauled by a pit, I'd be damn shire I'm going to kill it. But they've got a bad wrap from the a holes who started training them to kill. Plus if there is anywhere along its breed line of this it can trigger this. I just can never damn a breed of any kind because of some bad apples. Every breed has some dogs that trigger a sense for them to go nuts. I've been attacked by small dogs before. But never hated them for tearing up my ankle. I can go on and on. But still sorry about your loss.

Curt Aschenbrenner - Thanks Dan