The woman stated that a pit bull that was leading the pack had to be shot to stop attacking.
The woman told an investigating deputy she didn’t know who owned the pit bull or other dogs. The officer was not able to locate the other dogs or their owners.
(Houston Herald - May 22, 2017)
Earlier stories about dogs attacking horseback riders and their horses:
- California: Animal Control Still Seeking 2 Dogs, Owner In Pit bull - Horse Attack
- California: Horse, rider survive vicious pit bull attack
- Maryland: Woman falls from horse during dog attack on Harford trail
- Massachusetts: Pit bull chased horseback rider in Brewster
- Ohio: The story of Blue
- California: SFPD Statement on Decision in Vicious & Dangerous Dog Investigation
|Officer Eric Evans stands with police horse Stoney, |
who was attacked by the pit bull while on patrol.
- California: Woman hurt, several horses bitten after dog attack in Trabuco Canyon
- New Zealand: Racehorse mauled in vicious dog attack
- California: OC Animal Care locates owner of dog that attacked horses, rider in O'Neill park
- United Kingdom: Pensioner "lucky to be alive" after dog attacks his horse
- United Kingdom: Woman thrown from horse after dog attack
- California: Owner of pit bull that attacked police horse and officer tries to keep it from being put down
- United Kingdom: Horse owner furious after dog attack
- United Kingdom: Young horse rider 'shaken' over dog attack
- California: Owner of pit bull in attack on police horse says his dog isn't aggressive
- United Kingdom: Horse owner 'taken for ride' after dog attack
- North Carolina: Girl, Horse Fend Off Pit Bull Attack
- California: Horses attacked by loose pit bull on Fiesta Beach